Why Choose Olds?
There are many reasons to Choose Olds. Olds is one of the most innovative and progressive communities in Canada. It combines the dynamic, entrepreneurial spirit for which Albertans are known with a genuine commitment to sustainable prosperity and quality of life. This translates into a great place to start or grow a business, raise a family or build a life rich with opportunity.
Video – “Choose Olds”
Video – “Olds is a GigaBit Town – the O-NET Story”
Video – “Olds Alberta – A Community Leading By Example”
Where is Olds?
Located less than an hour’s drive from both Calgary and Red Deer, Olds is the ideal location for businesses that need easy access to major transportation routes like Highway 2 and Highways 27 and 22. But look no further than Olds for all your shopping, dining, health and educational needs, including an internationally-recognized college.
The Olds Advantage
- Olds is home to O-NET, Canada’s first community owned Gigabit broadband fibre-optic network. O-NET is owned by the Olds Institute and helps make Olds businesses globally competitive.
- Olds is the hub community in Mountain View County with a drawing population of more than 42,000 people.
- Olds has strong residential housing sales and is home to a number of residential and commercial contractors.
- Adjacent to the CANAMEX highway Olds offers access to Major US markets and sea ports that are within 12 – 24 hours travel.
- Olds offers access to rail service through our Canadian Pacific Rail Spur
- Olds is high and dry offering highly serviceable land with adequate and expandable water and sewer services.
- Olds Regional Exhibition is one of the seven regional exhibitions in Alberta. Olds features a high volume of agricultural production and quality amenities and events.
- Olds is home to internationally recognized Olds College. The college is more than agricultural and excels at applied research and entrepreneurial training.
- Olds has strong agricultural roots but we are home to several oil and gas service companies, bio-medical facilities and light manufacturers.
- Olds is home to Public, Catholic and Christian Schools as well as supportive learning programs for children and adults with special needs.
- Olds has a well equipped hospital with emergency services, surgical suites, obstetrics, long and short term care as well as a strong Primary Care Network.
- Olds is home to variety of health practitioners and has a strong rural physican attraction and retention program.
- Olds has a thriving Uptowne business sector and is home to local retail and service business as well as big box stores includng a Walmart Super Centre, Canadian Tire, Shopper’s Drug Mart and Staples.
- Olds is home to the Alberta Junior Hockey League Olds Grizzly’s hockey franchise.
- Olds hosts music and film festivals in the TransCanada Theatre as well as a variety of arts, culture and heritage programs.
- Olds is a short drive to the recreational offerings of the Rocky Mountains including Banff National Park
- Olds has an expanding parks and trail system and offers s a variety of sport and recreation facilities and programs.
- O-NET – Community Owned Gigabit Broadband network
- Olds & District Chamber of Commerce
- Uptowne Olds
- Olds Regional Exhibition
- Olds College
- Town of Olds
- Mountain View County
- Alberta Government – Moving to Alberta
- Alberta Regional Dashboard
- Alberta Economic Dashboard
- Alberta Small Business Resources