Want to be an OI Public Member?
What is the OI Anyway?
The OI Mission is to “foster and promote community and economic development for Olds and Region through engagement, coordination and capacity building to enhance the quality of life for our residents, organizations and businesses.”
And this means What?
The OI Supports economic and community growth. With the help of both staff and dedicated volunteers we market our community and we help to develop and grow new and existing community initiatives.
Become a Member
Become an OI Public Member and attend any meeting of the OI, speak at any meeting of the OI, and vote at the Annual General Meeting. Membership Fee is $5 for the year.
Become a Volunteer…
Participate, plan, coordinate, and accomplish.
Want to learn more? Join us for the Annual General Meeting on April 28, 2020 at 6:00 pm.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 ISOLATION PERIOD STILL IN EFFECT, THE AGM WILL BE CONDUCTED VIA ZOOM.
If you require assistance to gain access to the meeting, please call 403-556-1105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU to our current members for your dedication and commitment to Olds Institute.
Nomination forms for a minimum of five (5) Board members to be elected at our AGM are available here.
Membership must be paid and approved by the Board of Directors PRIOR to the OI AGM on April 28, 2020 to be able to apply for a position on the Board for 2020-2021.
The fine print…
To qualify to become a Public Member of the Society [OI] , any individual sixteen years of age or older, a legally constituted organization or institution must:
- pay the annual membership fees or other assessment as determined by the Board of Directors for Public Members
- be approved by a resolution of the Board of Directors which may, as its sole discretion, approve, refuse or postpone an application for membership;
- have an interest in and be dedicated to supporting the objects, regulations, and policies of the Society; and,
- agree to comply with any stipulations on membership required by the Board in writing.
As a member your rights and privileges include:
- receiving notification of meetings of the Society
- attending any meeting of the Society
- speaking at any meeting of the Society at the sole discretion of the Chairman; and
- exercising other rights and privileges given to Members in the OI Bylaws
For the Membership Application package, click here.
For the full Board of Directors nomination form, click here.